This is one of the easiest jalapeno hot sauce recipes , which you would want to put on everything. It is undoubtedly not for the faint-hearted, since it is hot and spicy. If you are one of those who are serious about their homemade hot sauces, you must try this delicious version, our jalapeno hot sauce recipe . Drizzle it over the tacos, or dip in your tortilla chips – this sauce has plenty of uses!
How to Make jalapeno hot Sauce recipe
This jalapeño sauce recipe has a vibrant green color, which makes it a great looking sauce to add to your meals or to use as a dip, and will become a hit at any party.
- One tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 medium sized Jalapenos
- 3 Shallots, peeled and finely diced
- Half-teaspoon Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 200ml of Water
- 100ml White Wine Vinegar
1 – Step By Step
- First, slice up all the jalapenos;
- Now heat the oil in a pan and add in the diced shallots, garlic cloves, and the peppers, and cook for at least three minutes on a gentle flame;
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and cook for another fifteen minutes on low flame;
- Allow the mixture to cool down and, once it is at room temperature, pour it in a food processor;
- Finally, blend it until it is smooth and creamy.
Some Extra Tips for jalapeno hot sauce recipe
• You can add, in our jalapeno hot sauce recipe, some extra flavor to this sauce by putting in some fresh coriander right before blending it in the food processor;
• If you prefer a sauce that is creamier in texture, you can add in a couple of spoonfuls of sour cream or Greek yogurt. It will also become a bit milder in taste;
• a variant to give it a robust jalapeno flavor of the sauce rather than very spicy, de-seed the jalapenos first;
• For an added flavor and zest, squeeze a bit of lime juice in the sauce.